Secrets to Buying Diamonds Online
1. E-commerce: An Emerging Trend Jewelry Industry has undergone a few drastic changes in the last few years. Even though the cut-throat competition has always existed in the jewelry market, the emergence of Online jewelry avenues has brought it to an all new level.Many people have tested and accepted the advantages of online shopping over the traditional shopping. But, these advantages are also accompanied with a few disadvantages.
2. Be a Smart Buyer Buying a high-end jewelry or more specifically Diamond jewelry online is a risky task but the number of consumers opting forth is is growing at an accelerating rate.It is imperative for you to be a smart buyer when you are buying diamonds online. Here we are sharing a few secrets of buying diamonds online.Lets have a look:
3. Choose the Right Dealer for You It is very convenient for the consumers to shop for diamonds while sitting at home in your pyjamas. But the authenticity of the retailer is the only trust building factor when it comes to online shopping especially for such a huge investment.It is not difficult to build and put up a website displaying pictures of fabulous diamonds with great prices to lure customers. There have been fraud cases registered in the past.Thus, always go for the trusted brands when buying online. Do some research and take opinion from friends and even strangers on public forums to get an authentic dealer.
4. Study the Different Setting, Styles and Metal Choices Available You can choose the best style and setting in your budget for the fabulous piece of diamond jewelry you are looking forward to buy. The diamond specifications required for different jewelry changes accordingly. So before you start looking for the right diamond for you, just look at the kind of jewelry you want to buy. For example, the diamond required for a ring is different from the one for a pendant or earrings.
5. Certified Diamonds: A Better Choice With an authentic dealer, it is also important to make sure the authenticity of the diamond.This can be ensured by a reputable and legit certification.You need to be careful with the plenty of bogus certification from fraudulent gemmology labs claimed by many sites.Two of the most trusted labs in the American diamond industry are an American Gem Society (AGS) and the Gemological Institute of America (GIA)
6. The 4 C’s of Diamond Even though you can not check the diamonds with your own hands before buying, you can always check for the 4 C’s, that is, the cut, clarity, color and carat weight in the product specifications of the jewel. You can look for the best possible diamond with the highest quality in your budget. Make sure to check the availability of your choice of diamond jewelry at multiple sites. You may get the same thing at a significantly lower price at some of the dealers.
7. Save on the Carat Price Many a times a point change in the carat weight of the diamond does not make it look any different but can bring the price down significantly.For Example, let say the 0.9 Carat diamond looks very much similar to the 1 Carat diamond. But, there is a significant difference in the costs of the two.So it might be a better idea for you to save your money with a smarter choice.
8. Clarity and Color: How much is Enough? You can buy the diamond with the utmost clarity and highest color category. But, most of the times you can get the brilliant sparkle even with a lower grade of diamond.The diamonds falling under a little lower category of the color and clarity can give you all you want without any visible flaw.You can actually go for H-J color grade with a Round-cut diamond or G-I with Emerald and Asscher-cut diamond, against the highest color grade D.
9. A Good Deal or a Fake Deal? You do not get to compare the diamonds side by side or even see the one you have bought until you receive the overnight home delivery of your buy it is even more important to think rationally and decide if the promised quality and carat weight can be priced as low as the price tag says.Don’t fall for the unbelievable discount deals blindly, as not everything that sparkles is diamond.
10. Know the Diamond Glossary While browsing for Diamond jewelry, you might have read some words which are quite confusing.It is good to know the language used in the industry.Words like blemish, brilliance, cleavage, clouds, inclusion, table etc have an altogether different meaning in the world of diamonds than its literal meaning.It is advised to study the glossary to understand the diamond better.
11. Lucrative Offers and Cash Back There are plenty of discount offers and stock clearance sales available online at any given point of time. You can look for some good offer and plunge into the deal to avail the diamond jewelry at a very good price. You just need to make sure that the dealer is trustworthy. There are also a few online retailers who provide money back guarantee in case you do not find the diamond as per your order. You might have to pay for the shipping and restocking fee, but it is still much lesser than the value of the diamond jewelry you paid for.
12. Diamonds: A Good Investment or Not? The price of diamond has not gone down for many years, so you are unlikely to get any loss when you sell your diamond jewelry after a few years. But, there is no guarantee of the return on your money invested in diamond. Thus, buy diamonds as a symbol of beauty and love for eternity but not as an investment to get ROI.
13. Shipping Insurance and Refund Policy The shipping of diamonds through mail is not always safe and the delivery of the diamonds safely can not be promised. Thus, it is better to look for an online retailer which provides shipping insurance and provides replacement or refund in case of any mis-happening. Be very sure to clarify your doubts regarding the refund and replacement policy with the dealer in advance.
14. Consult with An Independent Appraiser In order to insure the diamond you have bought, you will need to get it appraised by an independent appraiser, who can give you the exact value of the diamond.It might be a better option to get the diamond appraisal done before you make your payment with the help of the given “diamond blueprint” by the dealer. It may help you to ensure if the value you are paying an appropriate amount for the diamond.
15. About PrimeStyle PrimeStyle is one of the leading diamond jewelry stores that manufacture stylish and gorgeous diamond jewelry. Established in 1999, PrimeStyle has been offering the most beautiful diamond engagement rings, diamond bracelets, weddings, earrings and other jewelry to its customers at factory prices. Follow Us: Facebook Twitter
Why Pay More? Shop Direct Factory.