Long time ago perhaps below any field of interest, today more expensive than gold or any other ore. Platinum is a special metal. Its extraordinary color can amaze in every aspect: it is white with a gentle sky blue shine. There is no doubts about the fact that platinum is now the most desired piece of metal in jewelry. Moreover, together with diamonds, they create a perfect couple for special occasions as engagement or anniversaries. Platinum is now the symbol of elegance, style, strength and durability and platinum jewelry settings is used to make the best pieces of jewelry enjoying the eyes of many people.
image via wikipedia (Periodictableru)
1. The first reason speaking in favor of platinum jewelry settings is definitely its elegance and overall beautiful look. The noble color and platinum shine, often combined with a silky mat, creates unforgettable aesthetic experience. Even the most gentle and small piece of platinum jewelry seems to be something solid and heavy.
2. Platinum jewelry settings come along with many kinds of gems, taking out their pure, natural character. The most popular combination is platinum and diamonds. This is a perfect marriage of beauty, sparkles, and charm. Probably, another such an ideal couple that awakes admiration doesn’t exist in nature. No other metal is able to expose gems’ allure in this way.
3. Allergy-free abilities of platinum jewelry settings are another huge advantage which is worth mentioning. Skin rashes are the most commonly noticed symptoms of metal allergy. Thanks to its hypoallergenic capabilities, platinum jewelry settings are among few which are completely safe. Moreover, platinum is a metal that is successfully used in medicine and many other branches of industry.
4. Platinum jewelry settings are known for their persistence. Shortly speaking, platinum have earned the title of a symbol of durability. Nowadays, it is a gift with highly metaphorical meaning â€“ our love, memory and emotions are to remain unchanged and won’t lose their shine, strength and intensity regardless of the passing by time. Many years are ahead of us and many things to go, to see, and to do, and platinum jewelry we have, will be able to accompany you, your grandchildren, grand grandchildren…without getting older, keeping all its class and bloom.
5. Most of us want to be in possession of something valuable. Platinum is a real treasure that can not only daze and surprise but may be a true, family treasure, going from generation to generation. A good example of platinum jewelry settings is an engagement ring Prince Charles gave to Camilla Parker Bowles. This work of Art Deco era once belonged to the Queen Mother, and still evokes appraisal and general admiration.